Criminal defense lawyers at the Tuscaloosa, Alabama, law firm of Turner Law Group, will take immediate and aggressive action on your behalf if you are suspected of, or charged with, a violent crime. Penalties can range from fines and suspended sentences for assault and battery to the death penalty for capital murder, and steps taken early in the legal process can contribute to a successful defense.
If you have been charged with vehicular homicide, murder, sexual assault, criminal negligence, attempted murder, or another violent crime, and you would like to speak with a lawyer, contact our defense lawyers and make an appointment for a consultation about your defense.
In Your Defense Our Attorneys Will:
- Insist you are treated fairly and examine the arrest for errors and misconduct
- Evaluate all facts and review evidence, moving to have illegally collected evidence suppressed
- If possible, request a preliminary hearing, at which evidence against you is disclosed
- If possible, arrange for a bond through the court, rather than a bondsman
- Scrutinize police actions
- Negotiate with prosecutors and judges to have charges and sentences reduced
- Arrange for an independent polygraph or other evidence testing
- Arrange assessments for any underlying psychological or chemical problems, and arrange anger management and chemical dependency treatment programs that demonstrate to the court you are committed to positive change
- Skillfully and aggressively defend you at trial if necessary to defend your rights
We have over 37 years of combined experience defending clients charged with violent crimes. Our practice includes representation for clients charged with:
- Vehicular homicide
- Capital Murder
- Felony Assault (1st and 2nd Degree Assault)
- Spousal Abuse
- Assault and Battery
- Sexual Assault
- Attempted Murder
- Criminal Negligence
- Capital Murder ▪ Murder in Prison ▪ Murder of a Police Officer
Alabama law allows the death penalty to be imposed in cases of capital murder. Out of the many clients our firm has defended against capital murder charges, none have ever received the death penalty.
We are committed to an aggressive defense for every client.
Whether you have been charged with vehicular homicide, assault, capital murder, or any other violent offense, we can help - contact our criminal defense lawyers today.